Friday, February 27, 2009

Meet Prick the Prius Driver

Because we live in Los Angeles, a good deal of our time is spent in the car, on the road. Therefore, quite a few of our Stupid People sightings are found on the road (frightening to think about, really).

So I have to first and foremost describe my personal loathing of Toyota Camry drivers. It is my firm belief that, statistically speaking, one in every 3 accidents is caused by a Toyota Camry driver. I'm not exactly sure why this is - perhaps it's the fact that there are millions of them on the road at any one time or perhaps it's the plain personality type that is drawn to such a boring, standard vehicle. Whatever the reason, it is a hard fact (at least in my world) that 99.9% of Camry drivers b-low.

But in the last few years, I've come to loathe a second tier of Toyota drivers - Prius drivers. Perhaps it's their "holier-than-thow-bitches-I-drive-a-hybrid" attitude or perhaps, again, it's this freak Toyota syndrome. Regardless, I don't like them - and the car is ugly. This is rather unfortunate because I have a few friends that, unknowing to my feelings, drive a Prius. One drives it like a maniac (case in point) and the others I can not attest to their driving abilities (or lack there of). I still love them, but, thumbs down to their selection in personal mode of transportation.

ANYWHO back to the daily act of stupidity. (And for the record, today's act could also be lumped into a future spin-off blog, "Douchebags Behind the Wheel" or "Inconsiderate Mother Fuckers".) So, there I am cruising to work this morning thanking God above that it's finally Friday and I notice this guy weaving in and out of traffic - in a mint green Prius. After almost hitting four or five other cars and an innocent street sign that asked him politely to merge, he proceeded to throw a CAN out the window.

My friend Gwen and I have observed similar acts like this before by Prius drivers - my favorite being the smoking Prius drivers who flick their completed ciggy out the windows. However, this smartguy threw a CAN out the window. REAL ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY YO.

It took me a moment or ten to really understand what I just witnessed with my Lasik-perfected eyeballs and when I did, I threw the Volvo into overdrive, sped up next to Sir Douche-A-Lot, pumped my first and, in light of Nicki Hilton's recent success using this tactic, screamed "CITIZEN'S ARREST!!!" (Confused? Check this out.)

Stupid Wannabe-Granola squinted his little eyes at me and then figured out he missed his exit due to my distraction. Sucka! Suck on those fumes.

To add a cherry to the top, he then made an illegal U-turn to go back to his exit....right in front of a motorcycle cop.

The moral of today's story: don't let Mother Earth be at the receiving end of your stupidity - and don't litter in front of a Volvo driver. Karma is sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

track internet traffic
Custom Printing Services